Please take a moment and let us know how your experience was.
Meet Jennifer Peng, MD
Dr. Peng has been working at Somerset since 2016. As a Somerset staff member, her clinical interests include general and high-risk obstetrics; the management of abnormal pap smears and follow-up care; the discussion of contraception and family planning; breastfeeding support; and infertility management. She is Taiwanese and is fluent in Chinese Mandarin, helping to better serve our diverse community.
Her educational milestones include the following:
- An Undergraduate Degree (with a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience) from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Medical School studies (with a Doctor of Medicine) from the University of Texas Health Science Center.
- Residency Training at the William Beaumont. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
And her honors and certifications include the following:
- (Current) Member of the Gynecology Quality Assessment Committee, Beaumont Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- President's Council Endowed Scholarship-Medical school Chief Administrative Resident-Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beaumont-Royal Oak
- Board Certified OB-GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Junior Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Outside of work, Dr. Peng and her husband Kuei have one child. She is a foodie and loves to try different types of food (so bring restaurant recommendations to your appointment, please!). She also loves reading and is a major “Harry Potter fan”. Dr. Peng has lived in Taiwan, Texas, and California - and if she was not a doctor, she would work at a stationery store or a store that sells storage and organization products.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
University of Texas Health Science Center
William Beaumont, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and Gynecology
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Gynecolgy Quality Assessment Committee, Beaumont Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Harold Longyear Award (Top graduating resident)
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beaumont-Royal Oak