Mark E. Ohm, MD has been working at Somerset since 2002. Dr. Ohm enjoys teaching patients, medical students, and resident physicians alike about the intricacies and importance of women’s reproductive health. In addition to providing general gynecologic care, as well as obstetric care, his clinical interests include focuses on the management of infertility and the treatment of menstrual irregularities.
Dr. Ohm’s educational milestones include the following:
- An Undergraduate Degree from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, with a Major in Engineering Physics and Minors in Mathematics and Decision Sciences.
- Medical School training at Michigan State University's College of Human Medicine, M.D.
Residency Training at William Beaumont Hospital, Department of OB/GYN, Royal Oak, MI.
And his honors and certifications include the following:
- Member > 10 years of the William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Gynecology Quality Assurance Committee
- (Current) SEMCME Resident Oral Examiner in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- (Current) Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, since 2004
- Chief Administrative Resident William Beaumont Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Excellence in Teaching Award in 2011
- William Beaumont Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Student Teaching Award in 2012
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Outside of work, Dr. Ohm and his wife Jamie have a daughter and 2 dogs that keep them quite busy! He enjoys spending time with his family, travel and outdoor activities He also enjoys listening to a wide breadth of music genres and trying new food dishes.
Miami University in Oxford, Ohio
B.S., Engineering Physics
Michigan State University's College of Human Medicine
William Beaumont Hospital, Department of OB/GYN
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2004
Gynecolgy Quality Assessment Committee, Beaumont Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Student Teaching Award
William Beaumont Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology
Excellence in Teaching
Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics