Please take a moment and let us know how your experience was.
Meet Steven Lefkowitz, DO
Dr. Lefkowitz of the Somerset team comes to us with a wide range of interests regarding women's healthcare. These interests include minimally invasive surgical procedures and care (particularly for the treatment of fibroids, pelvic pain, and ovarian cysts), general and high-risk obstetrics, and contraception management. He is an excellent resource and caregiver, ready to address a wide range of women's health needs.
His educational milestones include the following:
- An Undergraduate Degree (Bachelor of Arts in Biology) from Yeshiva University, New York, NY.
- Medical School studies at the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).
- Residency Training at William Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak campus. Department of OB/GYN.
And his honors and certifications include the following:
- (Current) Board Certified OB-GYN, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- (Current) Junior Fellow for American College of OB/GYN (ACOG)
- (Current) Member of the William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Gynecology Patient Care Committee
- Chief Administrative Resident William Beaumont Hospital, Department of OB/GYN
- Harold Longyear Award: Residency award for Leadership Excellence and Thorough Professionalism, Department of OB/GYN, William Beaumont, Royal Oak
- Resident Award for Recognition of Outstanding Achievement in REI
- Resident Achievement Award: The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
Outside of work, Dr. Lefkowitz and his wife, Rachel, have four children - 2 girls and 2 boys. When he is not reading Dr. Seuss books to his children, he enjoys cooking, reading, or planning his next big trip. Dr. Lefkowitz also enjoys ice hockey, hiking, and DIY home projects.
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
William Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak campus. Department of OB/GYN
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Gynecology Patient Care Committee
American College of OB/GYN (ACOG)
Harold Longyear Award: Residency award for Leadership Excellence and Thorough Professionalism